(for those who are wondering, "an MNE" is not merely a fancy way of saying anemone, it means "much needed explaination")
in my last post i mentioned a certain fellow named cecil alexander. i feel it only right to introduce you. so here he is, cecil alexander beatley, esteemed and most beloved gnome, keeper of my desk, maker surer that nobody pilfers my office supplies or (horrors!) my secret sour patch kids stash (well i guess its not so secret now, but dont think i'm telling you where it is!), and the most unabashed mocker i have ever met. seriously, you may not be able to tell from looking at him, but whenever i do something slightly silly, stupid, dumbo, or even just exuberant he gives me this withering "you humans make me weary" look. upon which happening i simply tell him to not be such a whiny whinerson and then turn him to face the wall. so here he is:
don't tell him i mentioned it, but i suspect that he does some subterfugial laundry folding for me while i'm not at home.
so you are probably wondering how such an unlikely friendship was formed. i'm not being a gnomeist or anything, its just logically not that probable for cecil and i to be friends. well, i shall tell you the story soon, as the first of the tales of the unlikely adventures of cecil alexander and beatrice.
Wednesday, January 21, 2009
an M.N.E.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
hello kind little gnome.
Cecil Alexander Beatley seems to be a right likable sort of fellow. I imagine he could tell us of all sorts of adventures.
I like the anemone alternate explanation. He does seem like a goodly sort of fellow, though perhaps a bit stubborn.
I like Cecil a great deal, and defend him rigorously when Bea thinks he's being snooty, but I must confess that I am WAY more interested in that Sour Patch Kids stash. Next time I come over, don't pay any attention if I start opening all your drawers. Just don't even think twice about it. I'll just be. . . looking around. . . trying to have a little fun. . . don't mean any harm, ya know. It's not that I'll be looking for the Stash. Oh no. No need to worry. Just looking around. . .
ha! you'll never find the stash! its far too cleverly hidden.
and i still think cecil is a snooty snooterson.
Post a Comment