today is the day the longest and most delightful friendship i have ever experienced became possible. it's Emily's birthday!
this girl is witty, sweet, opinionated, beautiful, rainboots-full-of-fun, charming, the best all-my-whole-entire-life friend i could hope for.
we met in mothers day out when we were babies, where we were the victims of hate crime. the hate crime being that all the other kids hated me. but emily was my friend. which made them hate me even more... because she was super duper adorable and they all wanted to be friends with her. but she stuck with me... making us the female shawn spencer and burton guster of our generation.
through many an easy cheese heist, dress-up party (no, i don't mean when we were little), ballet classes together, the world's most terrifying playground, high school football games, prom, being stalked (her, not me. always her), being heartbroken, doing the entire thriller dance at work before remembering the security camera, pretend funerals, real funerals... through thick and thin... we'll be there.
"Wherever a party needs to be saved, I'm there
Wherever there are masks
Wherever there is tomfoolery or joy
I'm there
But sometimes I'm not, 'cause I'm out in the night staying vigilant
Watching, lurking
Running, jumping, hurtling
Sleeping-- no, I can't sleep, you sleep
I'm awake, I don't sleep, I don't blink
Am I a bird? No. I'm a bat
I am Batman
Or am I?
we met in mothers day out when we were babies, where we were the victims of hate crime. the hate crime being that all the other kids hated me. but emily was my friend. which made them hate me even more... because she was super duper adorable and they all wanted to be friends with her. but she stuck with me... making us the female shawn spencer and burton guster of our generation.
through many an easy cheese heist, dress-up party (no, i don't mean when we were little), ballet classes together, the world's most terrifying playground, high school football games, prom, being stalked (her, not me. always her), being heartbroken, doing the entire thriller dance at work before remembering the security camera, pretend funerals, real funerals... through thick and thin... we'll be there.
"Wherever a party needs to be saved, I'm there
Wherever there are masks
Wherever there is tomfoolery or joy
I'm there
But sometimes I'm not, 'cause I'm out in the night staying vigilant
Watching, lurking
Running, jumping, hurtling
Sleeping-- no, I can't sleep, you sleep
I'm awake, I don't sleep, I don't blink
Am I a bird? No. I'm a bat
I am Batman
Or am I?
0 comments:
Post a Comment