Wednesday, January 13, 2010

:(


I've officially got the Winter Blues.

I can't stop thinking about

standing in the sun

feeling warm

blue skies


not getting goosebumps from the cold every time I wash my hands.



Oh summer.


I realised this when I was overcome by jealousy on looking at the Sartorialist's Rio De Jainairo pictures. The girl in the sun. Grr.


But I can't change the seasons. For now all I can do is listen to Corrine Bailey Rae (the quintessential summer cd) and remember summer crushes and swimming.

3 comments:

Matt said...

Aw, it seems like just yesterday we were all thrilled about the onset of winter. I know what you mean, though - getting out of bed every morning at 5:45 is so much harder when it's freezing cold. And the building I work in has no hot water, so washing one's hands is always an arctic experience.

Anonymous said...

I'm really enjoying winter this year. I'm focusing on embracing it, if you see what I mean, sir, and enjoying all the wintery things instead of longing for summer. It's workiing remarkably well.

Rachel said...

hmmm, even tho I moved to the sunshine state it has been cold for the past week or more. I may have the warmth down here... but I miss the feeling, the butterflies you get, summer just has that vibe. I miss that. =]