Tuesday, August 11, 2009

nerdy penguin

you may all be pleased to know that cecil has quite recovered from his depression of health and spirits. don't tell him i told you, but i overheard him singing " 'gin a bodie meet a bodie comin thrae th' rye" at the top of his lungs this morning. it startled me, i thought rodney was in one of his moods again.

remember robert dickens, my penguin scholar friend? last night he and i got a bee in our respective bonnets (its just a phrase, silly, do stop picturing me in a pioneer bonnet. i mean it! Stop!!) to study up on the kings and queens of merrie olde england. we feel ever so much smarter now. we went all the way back to the house of tudor and made our way through the tudors, stuarts, hanovers, saxe-coburg and gotha, and finally windsor (did you know that george v changed the family name to windsor because of european prejudice against the germans?). it was a long study, and quite interesting. seeing all the past drama that nobody cares about now, really, makes one feel a bit better about today. this, too, shall pass. also we discovered the longest family name EVER. the house of schleswig-holstein-sonderburg-glucksburg. "you don't see that cross-stitched on a pillow!"

1 comments:

Katie Larissa said...

I'm going to cross stitch it on a pillow now. Watch me.

Oh, except that I vowed six years ago never to start a cross stitch project again, since I was so doggone sick of them by the time I finished.