Wednesday, October 21, 2009

chim chim cheree!

Last night I went to the amazing Emily's birthday party, with Isaac and Erika. We had cupcakes and girly food (which Isaac was very obliging about) and watched 17 Again, which I honestly enjoyed lots! It was rather silly though, I admit. After Erika left, the three of us sailed paper boats in the freezing pool and climbed onto the roof to see the stars and the city in the distance. We pretended ... ok, so I pretended to be on a barn outside of Lyons.

And felt awfully, terribly brave. Heights, roofs... are kind of high up on the scaredy list. So this was a part of my new experiment. Next on the list?

Overcoming my fear of YMCA Lifeguards. Yes, I'm serious.
They're kinda creepy, and oh so very judgy judgerson. Their faces just scream "oh eh heh heh, I can swim so very much faster than that." But someday soon I'm going to just do it.

I'm going to go to the Y and swim laps,
because right now I'm running, and I Really Hate Running, but I love swimming. I love the water running over my shoulders, and the feeling when you've stretched every muscle you can. It's fun, which is refreshing compared to running, which hurts my brain, it's all bouncy and painful, and therefore I have come to the conclusion that this fear is stupid, and silly.

0 comments: