So... I looked up the movie "Sons of Katie Elder" because it was on TCM and I recorded it, and it turns out it's about these brothers from Graham, Tx, which is pretty cool. BUT even more amazing, Graham has a Wikipedia page! I read the page, and there was a section on famous people from Graham... Here's what I found:
"Big Ed" Wilkes - Popular radio personality and recipient of the Lubbock Outstanding Agriculturist Award.
Bob Lilly - Author of photography book, "Bob Lilly Reflections", and Dallas Cowboy's defensive tackle, first inductee of the cowboy's ring of honour.
William McFarlane - Texas Representative and National Security Advisor for Reagan!
Rex Brown - Heavy metal bassist.
and my favorite...
Dean Smith - Won a gold medal in the 52 Olympics, played for the Steelers, he was a stuntman in many western movies and tv shows, and he was a pro rodeo cowboy. He actually recieved a "golden boot award", was named an "all-american cowboy", and he was inducted into the texas rodeo cowboy hall of fame.
I hope you enjoyed this little history lesson.
2 comments:
the movie itself? what think ye of it?
That's a great movie, one of Gary's favorites.
Post a Comment