Thursday, October 22, 2009

Currently Reading

"Still Life with Chickens:
starting over in a house by the sea."
-
Catherine Goldhammer

Recently I've been reading this book, it's a memoir about a woman whose husband leaves her, and she and her daughter move to a little house by the atlantic and begin to raise chickens. At first she is not terribly pro-chicken, but they begin to pull her, to draw her through her life, and she sees that if they weren't there, needing her, a constant reminder of the passing of time, she would not move forward in her life, so the chickens are a strange sort of blessing.

a quote:
"Someday we'll look back on this, laugh nervously, and move on."

2 comments:

elliebird said...

i just read that!


weird.



that book has some really great quotes. i underlined some, i'll have to go back and find them.

Anonymous said...

Hah! Oh goodness, I will have to remember that quote. I know everything they say about 'coming to terms' with unpleasant memories, but there are some things I feel it is just healthier to not be able to come to terms with. If you see what I mean.