Saturday, October 10, 2009

"so, you liked tron, huh?"

Tonight I went to see my friend Alessandra in the TuzerBallet production
"Window to Dance"
It was awesome! They had two guest performers from the Metropolitan Ballet, and an amazing 13 year old pianist, and at the end there was a great modern dance number. I'm so amazed at people who can dance like that, so fluid that you forget they don't dance all the time. As I was getting ready to go I thought "huh, i could do ballet..." and tried some moves.

It did not work. I literally fell flat on my face.

After the ballet Julianna and I went to Cafe Brazil. Love that girl! She's so awesome and sweet. While we were sitting there talking, these 2 guys came over and sat at our table and tried flirting. I'm thinkin they've never tried that before.

-AAAAACCCKKKK-

We had a little inner panic, and when I panic I get a funny accent.

Apparently this has never happened to Julianna, so her eyes got all huge and she froze, so I was trying to be ... nice ... so awkward. Awkward like the moment after they stop singing in musicals, before the dialogue starts.

So... that was funny. They were not suave.

It got me to thinkin about my ballet years... here are some highlights...



2 comments:

gabrielletx said...

I love Cafe Brazil!

Weird guys who attempt to flirt: ick. :/

elliebird said...

you look like a mini Ginger Rogers in the top picture. minus the ballet shoes, of course.

i had a new take on WGWATF. i was at the grocery store the other day and three or four guys were out in front...doing something...begging or raising money for a charity, i'm not sure which. anyway, when i walked in, one of them was like, "hey, lady." iii kept walking. when i came out, the same one was like, "you just gonna ignore me? this could be the best day of your life!" iii kept walking.