Thursday, October 08, 2009

King Wes

I sometimes babysit these two kids, Wes and Brooklyn... and tonight while I was over there, Wes decided that he didn't want to be read to, he wanted me to make up a story for him.

Hmm. Ok then. I should be able to do this.

And then the imagination went SWOOOSH. Gone. So as I've been listening to the Narnia books on the way to class, my mind went there immediately.

So I proceeded to tell him the story of Peter, Susan, Edmund and Lucy. He was particularly enthralled with the part where Edmund betrays them for unlimited candy... he said


"Man, Edmund was a dum-dum! All the candy in the world would just make him sick. And throw up!!! and DIE!!!
(pause)
Hey, why didn't they just feed the witch all the candy in the world?"
.
Later on in the story he said that the White witch was like this girl in his class who liked to destroy all the nature and all the sandwiches.
.
And then, my favorite part... I had just gotten to Aslan's return, and he told me he didn't want Aslan to be king and kill the witch, he wanted King Wes to do it. So with a slight cringe and a whispered apology to Lewis, I proceeded to tell him this alternate ending. Maybe it should be considered for the Narnia movie special features disk?
.
And it was then, just as Aslan came back to ... er... talk to Santa?... KING WES appeared, and rode fast all the way to his castle, where he fought back the evil army, and then he stabbed the witch with his fasterthanlightning magic sword! And then he went inside and turned all the statues back into people, and rescued a friendly giant from a big net. And then King Wes bowed to the 4 children and let them borrow Narnia for a while so he could go into space. Because apparently King Wes can jump into space without a ship or suit. THAT'S impressive.
.
I love this kid. He's the bomb.
.
.
(check this out... i got a little shout-out over at the beehive)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This kid is amazing.

(by the way, the post details and comments bar is nearly invisible in that color. might want to fix that.

monolog said...

That's my kind of superhero!