Wednesday, December 30, 2009

feeling inspired

i started "Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow" this morning, thinking i could fold laundry while watching it

...ha ha ha...

it was so pretty, i couldn't do other things during it, really. it's set in the 40's, and the costumes and makeup are wonderful, and the dialogue feels like an old movie.

so now i'm still sitting here, same basket of laundry, with two washcloths folded. hmm.

actually, you know what? i have come to a decision. from now on, whenever i want to watch something while doing laundry, i'll force myself to only watch humphrey bogart movies, because i usually don't understand those anyway. i still don't know quite what was going on in "The Big Sleep", do you?

6 comments:

elliebird said...

i've always wanted to see that movie, but i never think of it whenever i'm trying to think of a movie to watch. it's dumb.

Katie Larissa said...

I still don't quite know what went on in Casablanca, except that it was cry your guts out sad and nobody ended up the way I wanted. 'course, it's been many a year since I've seen it, since it was so darn sad.

Anonymous said...

Oooh, I have a much better idea for you! My favorite laundry movies are Deanna Durbin, because they're chirpy and delightful but not visually distracting. And if you miss a few minutes here and there it's not likely to matter that much-- I mean, you already know she'll be with the cute guy at the end.

rachel tsunami said...

some day when y'all are older, you'll get the Bogart movies...hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

rachel tsunami said...

that was aunt rachel trying to creep you out and be weird. did it work?

beatrice said...

haha, rather (said in the great english way... RaTher)!

i get the Bogart charm, really, i just have a horrid time understanding the plots! i'm still not sure if Bacall's character killed someone or not.