Thursday, December 17, 2009

Happy Ugly Sweater Day!

Tonight Layne and I went ice skating to celebrate both Christmas, Ugly Sweater Day, and Talk With a Fake British Accent Day. Turns out the Galleria has the largest indoor Christmas tree in America! We feel fancy now.
Aaa! Big tree is coming to get my ugly sweater! Now... I feel burdened to say this. The sweater I'm wearing is my dad's (that's why it fits so awfully... I'm not really rectangular, people)... and I want to clarify that on him it is a really awesome Christmas sweater. It's simply the fact of a girl wearing it that makes it that. On him? Not ugly. On me? Um, yeah.
We got to the rink during an ice dancing show, so we had to wait an hour... so we tried on formal gowns!
I love the picture on the left. While we were in the store we talked in British accents the whole time. It was FUN!
Finally on the ice... we had to accept that we looked like spazzes. Yikes. We got pretty good by the end though, I could skate on one foot like a fancy swan.

...My teeth freak me out in this one. Actually I look pretty awful in all of these. Oh well. The sweater in person was more of a Sandra Bullock in While You Were Sleeping kind of look... not just... like... Frosty the Snowman.

We named the tree Bill, and decided that someday we will be in charge of decorating it, and will put a moustached face on it. Yes!

There was this really cute guy there, and he was an amazing skater! Fancy jumps and stuff! Plus, later on he put on a really awesome logger hat with a fur pom-pom on top. Nice.

Waiting for the Zamborghini to be done (isn't my face crazy red!?haha). Yes, a Zamborghini is a really fancy Italian Zamboni.
Attempted ice dancing. We both fell down only once!
We're gonna make this a tradition, it was so much fun... even though I'm partially dead today. My feet blister really easily because they're shaped funny from so many broken toes. Plus we skated for TWO 1/2 HOURS. Go us! Next year, however, our costume of choice will be... ugly sweaters, funny stockings, sparkly ice princess eyeshadow, and FLUFFY TUTUS!
(p.s. the winter olympics are my favorite.)
(p.p.s. i was a little scared of ice skating, and i'm not now... so theres something off the list!)

2 comments:

elliebird said...

SO FUN!

i really want to go skating now. not necessarily ice skating...cause *i've never been* so i don't even know if i'd like it...but i'd like to try sometime...hint. hint.

elliebird said...

but i'm a pretty swanked out rollerskater/blader, so...i'm thinkin'...yeah.

(i almost just put roller bladder.)