Friday morning we headed off towards Nashville.
The view from my window on the way to Nashville.
A building in Nashville that I liked.
After lunch (at a brewery! it was so fun, I know how beer is made now.) we went to the park in Nashville
Everything was so pretty with the autumn leaves!
There was a big stage, and I couldn't resist the urge to dance on it. And we all know about my dancing skills. ;)
Yeah, so maybe I just told you we were in Nashville. We were really in Rome.
(post-edit: it has been pointed out that the parthenon is in greece. i knew this, in the back of my mind... which doesn't make me feel any less stupid.)
Just kidding, this is the Nashville Parthenon. It was huge, and it was awesome.
There was a huge art exhibit inside, including statues from the real Parthenon.
Oh yeah, and the Elgin Marbles (two horses heads) who I met at Lord Elgin's castle... he told me their names, one was Humphrey and the other I don't remember. It was funny seeing something I'd met and touched before ... in a museum.
Yes, she was that big. HUGE. I kept imagining what would happen if she came to life.
Me and my bro Leo, the winged beast of scariness. Just chillin.
Nice ancient artifact storage system, guys. Seriously.
FAIL.
Getting his hand bitten, a la Roman Holiday.
You can't tell, but we were doing the Wizard of Oz dance.
That evening we went to Franklin and had dinner at this really cool restaurant in a house next to the church. Everyone sits at a table together, and you get to meet people! There was this one very proper southern lady with huge hair who told us about how she worked one day a week at Stein Mart, and "that was socially acceptable."
After, at the film conference, I got to meet Dr. George! who is even more awe inspiring in person. That night's movie was "Dead Poets' Society" ... which I thought I'd seen all of, but apparently I had missed the ending and a lot of important parts in the middle. The theme of the conference was "Epistemology, or how we know what we know", and that was really interesting, seeing the different viewpoints in the movies. Dead Poets' Society was really interesting, because it shows 2 near opposite philosophies - romanticism and rationalism/traditionalism - and cautions that both are extremes.
6 comments:
dear, the parthenon is in athens... not rome ;) AWESOME POSSUM pictures, btw :)
JUST today, I, also, spoke of the Parthenon being in Rome. it's an epidemic.
in the picture where you and your dad are doing the Wizard of Oz dance, it looks like your dad is levitating. i always knew he had mean skills.
Looks like ya'll had a great time!
hey i found ur comment on meg fee's blog. i really liked that track :)
oh yeah and....Nice post too!
I really like the picture of you dancing on the stage. =]
great pictures!!
Post a Comment