Sunday, November 01, 2009

um... what?

i drove about 9 hours today. yech.

while i was driving i took some time to pray, asking God if i'm on the right path, if i'm heading towards the right things, planning the right plans... i asked for some sign that i'm doing the right thing...

... and then i got a speeding ticket.

ok. hmm. that's... weird. i never speed. i've never gotten a ticket.

... and then i saw a star drop and fall into the field next to me.

huh?!

i'm getting mixed messages!

--

(i'll write about the weekend of wonder soon, i'm too tired right now)

(and about the ticket... i'm going to try and hold off on the rant i'd like to go on, and spare you. but yes, i am annoyed.)

3 comments:

Dani said...

Maybe you needed the ticket to stop so you would see the falling star? No, I didn't really think so either, sorry about the ticket.

van Danne said...

I enjoyed many a long, thoughtful, prayerful drive such as yours back in my college days.

A SPEEDING TICKET!!? I don't think I believe you. I would not have thought it possible. Maybe you were being too thoughtful? What will Cecil and Percy think? They do look up to you so.

Anonymous said...

Claire. How did you manage. You deserve many things, but a speeding ticket has never been one of them.

Come to think of it-- you should check that ticket. I might not be for speeding. It might be for going too slow.