
I've recently organized a book group with some wonderful friends I met in a Shakespeare class. We meet once a month, and so far we've read Manalive, by GK Chesterton, and The Age of Innocence, by Edith Wharton. Last night was our third meeting, we had a potluck dinner and cupcakes... and I just want to say...
these girls are incredible. It's not often you meet 8 girls who are all brilliant, eloquent, lively, funny and awesome in the same class. It just amazes me where all our conversation goes...
social annahilization - hamlet - twilight bashing - obama - darth vader - chuck norris - marc chagall - christian artists - edward elgar - creating our own university - gilbert and sullivan - and on and on until late into the evening.
It is wonderful, they are wonderful. I hope you have friends as awesome and brilliant as mine.
(most of us are in the picture, which was taken on the last day of Shakespeare class with the amazing Mrs Lovell.)
3 comments:
Hi there! This is my first visit to your blog so I decided to drop a quick comment.=) By the way, I found your blog through the Homeschool Blog Awards site. I like your blog and will try to stop back by here again. If you'd like, feel welcome to drop by my blogs. Oh, Footprints in the Sand is my main blog.
Mary-John ALWAYS wears girl scout vests...what are you talking about??
MJ and I were nerds for Halloween and she wore the amazing vest as part of her costume. It was hilarious!
And. Now I want a cupcake.
how does one find book clubs like this??? I've been searching for one for quite some time!
Post a Comment