In Spanish class today Mrs. Neve played Julieta Venegas's (my favorite Spanish indie singer!) amazing music video for Limon Y Sol... and I was reminded how much I love it.
So here is the link, please go watch it. You are about to fall in love with a song.
I've translated the lyrics... they lose a little bit of their meaning in English, but I've tried to keep as close to the heart of the words as possible. Disfrutar!
---
I must confess, sometimes I do not like the way you are
when you disappear and I do not quite understand why
you say nothing romantic when evening comes
when you have a strange mood with each full moon.
But everything else I win
I feel you near
...I feel reborn
I love you with lemon and salt
I love you as you are
You do not need to change anything
I love you if you come or go
up or down, unsure what you feel.
I must confess, I never believed in happiness
Sometimes things resembling it,
but those were pure coincidence.
Then you find me with your eyes
and give me something more.
I only feel you near.
I am reborn.
---
3 comments:
Swanky translation skills!
wow. those lyrics are hilarious.
So that's what it translates to... I missed part of the translation because the rabbit was jumping on me.
Post a Comment